School may have started but we are not wasting this last precious bit of LOVELY weather and LOVELY friends!
So this week we took advantage by meeting friends up at Lake Tahoe after school and staying as late as we could! It was a wonderful beautiful day and we are starting to get use to the "bear-proof" trash cans here! Mountain lake swimming is quickly becoming a favorite activity for me (as yesterday's picture proves)!
Then Friday morning we got up before the sun and met friends for the Great Reno Balloon Race! What a beautiful sight, but I have to tell you the sight on the ground was most beautiful! I loved the rainbow balloons and Smokey the Bear, and on our walk back we got to see a balloon land on the road to refuel!
Enjoy!
LOVE the pictures! What fun this looks!
ReplyDeleteGrandma
Told you the high desert Reno area was FUN!!!! :) Lucky everyone!!!
ReplyDeletelooks like reno is turning out to be pretty cool!the lake looks so beautiful. Love, lisa
ReplyDeleteAnd the other lovely-ness here is the lack of bugs!!!! Yea there are plenty of misquitos in the mountains we've been camping and visiting but here in Reno I have not gotten a bite! It is soooo nice! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love hot air balloons! We had them in the area every Saturday when I was a kid.
ReplyDelete