My deep thinking, watch out! :)
So obviously things have been pretty stressful in our lives lately, and it has been different for Dan and the rest of us to have him home all of the time. So one thing that an and I have discussed, thought about, prayed about, fasted about... is disciplining our children. We have had attitudes crop up, life is far from "normal" and who knows when it will return, but we still all need to enjoy each other and live together. I figured this is something most other parents have to think about from time to time as well so I thought I'd share a couple really helpful links.
One is just a short post that I really enjoyed the other day from Parenting Passageway. I think it is something we all need reminding of. It is HERE! She also has a whole section full of gentle discipline links on her blog here.
The other is a link that has sat over there on my side bar quietly for a while. I have always meant to highlight it but just never have! Now that I have this time to share crazy thoughts instead of pictures your finally hearing about it! :) It is from the David O. McKay School of Education at BYU. It is called YOU CAN DO THIS! A little awkward to navigate though, I wish I could print out a pdf of it, but it is all fantastic information. I hope you make the time to read it.
You are the Best, Bestest, Danna! Glad I had the chance to visit you all in Connecticut with the two professional grandmas last August.
ReplyDeleteRumor has it there will be a trip for me this September to San Diego, so I'll keep you posted. :)
Thanks Grandpa Mike, we will hope to see you then! Good thing your traveling so much! :)
ReplyDelete