Yes I have been slacking on the blogging, but there is just not too much (or enough) sleep happening around here!
So I got a belated birthday gift from my love! And it is GREAT! All while reading it I kept thinking of the quote from Brigham Young "...use it up or do with out..." because it is all projects using "other"things to make new things!
Around the same time I got this we rented the movie Kitt Kittredge, which was a really fantastic movie. I highly recommend it, it takes place during the depression and I was so struck with their frugality and ingenuity! Why do we not do more of it? I was quite inspired! It was also interesting to try to find words to explain the Great Depression to my kids that did not sound exactly like what we are all living through now. Makes you think, maybe we should not be living like nothing is happening but maybe it would be wiser to change our habits and be prepared just in case.
All of this adds up to our own even stricter frugality here, and renewed need to "...use it up or do with out..." as Dan has unfortunately lost his job. Not good, but we know the Lord will bless us and He is everyday. It has caused the stress levels around here to go to red, which added to the very little sleep is a little tough, so extra prayers are always welcome!
It is a good thing I was so inspired! I am getting to put it to good use!
~
And in the frugal spirit, I was fortunate enough to get a sweet potholder from our good friend Karen and the only requirement was to make something for 3 other people, who in turn have to make something for 3 other people! (So I guess you also have to have a blog, get to it Lisa ;) !) So the first three people to respond and who send me their mailing address will get a little something from me. And the fun part, it will be something out of my new book, made with some recycled material. Just remember if you get something you have to give something!
That is so sweet! What a great gift! We're also loving food storage right now, especially the more fun things I had in my freezer from sales. Would you like some dried sage? My sage plant has really grown and I'm wanting to save the leaves before it snows. It's so yummy fresh but I'm sure it would be good dried too. (Nathan thinks I'm nuts to just pop a leaf or two in my mouth.)
ReplyDeleteDanna,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about Dan's Job. We will keep you guys i our prayers. I love that movie Kitt Kittredge. I was also inpsired and thankful that we have not fallen into the trap of "keeping up with the Jone's". We try to say we need instead of we want but it sure can be tough sometimes.
Oh, Danna, I am so sorry to hear about dan losing his job. We have been there before. You are an amazing person, and I know the Lord is watching over you and your family. Good luck with the job search...and of course your family is in our prayers.
ReplyDelete