Friday, September 25, 2009

New Finds!

Just a couple of good finds to share! Two for me and one for you! Our recent Goodwill excursion produced not only a few needed things (new snow boots for the boys), but also two GREAT finds! First real Ugg boots in PURPLE! They will not be the right size for a couple more years and they need some cleaning, but Fern thinks I am so cool for buying them! (And I am stoked I got them for $6! :))
Then Second is this old Fisher Price barn, you know the one where the door moos! The bottom is wood and the top plastic with just a minor crack, and I got it for a $1!!!!
And the second is YUMMY!
I found this recipe and had to try it, I love cactus! It was great, we had it in warm corn tortillas with cumin rice on the side. On a side note, I got cactus with a chili in the bottom, this made it a bit too spicy for the 4 gringos in my house so next time I will get cactus without the chili. But it was great!! :)
~

Ensalada de Nopales

Recipe Ingredients:

1 jar Embasa Nopalitos (Cactus)
1 small onion
2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup cup olive oil
1 lemon juice
3 Tbsp vinegar
2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup crushed Feta Cheese


Recipe Instructions:

Rinse and drain the cactus. Combine the cactus with the onion, tomato, cilantro, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, and cheese. Pour ingredients into a large salad bowl. Garnish with tomato and cilantro and serve. Add hot peppers if desired. This salad makes an excellent taco filling, too.

Enjoy this delicious nopalitos salad Mexican recipe!

Preparation Time (min): 15
~
For the cumin rice, just throw some whole cumin seed and cut up carrots in with the rice at the beginning of cooking!

2 comments: