Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Addition!

No not the human kind! :) YET! :)
We got a new kitty yesterday! We rescued her from going to a shelter, a family at church who were moving could not take her and while Dan was over helping with the move he thought she might be a good fit for us. So he came home and picked us up to go meet her. And even though she was very scared (who wouldn't be) she let me hold her and she let all the kids pet her! Petunia still does not let Fern pet her, so I decided this was a good sign. Plus I hate to see an animal go to a shelter. On the way home in the cat carrier on my lap she purred for a little bit and I thought most definitely this cat has a good disposition! :) So here we are, at the moment we have a cat for upstairs (Petunia) and a cat for downstairs (New kitty), they are afraid of each other!!!! Funny hu! :)
So now a name, we thought we would continue on the flower theme and so our first thoughts were Chrysanthemum (we enjoy the children's book), or Zinnia. Then Last night Dan threw in Viola or Violet. I think the kids are leaning towards Zinnia, but I thought I'd ask all of you your opinion! :) So lets hear it! :)
Oh and she is not as petite as the picture makes you think, she is a bit bigger than Petunia and a little more stocky, she has this little squeaky meow that at first seems weird to come from her, and she loves to purr! :) And I have no clue why the last family didn't "click" with her! :)

9 comments:

  1. Named our new rescued cat: Allie.
    :)
    How about Black Dahlia? (It could end up being Hello Dolly), but Dahlia is a fun name anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through Margaret's. I saw the cat and had to comment!!! I too have a black cat (nicodemus). They are the best! totall awesome that she is a rescue cat too!
    I work at a vet's office, so we appreciate people who have the room in their homes and hearts to take in rescue animals. Good luck with the name.

    You could always call her Zinny for short. its cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Zinnia. I hope they warm up to each other soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals for all the ideas, yea I am really hoping they get use to each other soon, having to oversee kitty bathroom breaks is not overly enjoyable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never a dull moment. It was hard for me to think of flowers in the winter so I was thinking spring. How about tulip or daffodil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She really does look small in the picture. She sounds sweet. I like Zin or Daisy. You are going to have a very full house over there! I love it! Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a fun site for teachers:
    http://www.apples4theteacher.com/coloring-pages/usa/connecticut/state-flower.html

    Mountain Laurel is your flower...:)

    ReplyDelete