Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MY TOE!

When Dan bopped me on the head and talked me into moving to New England I had 2 stipulations; I needed a new tea pot to make hot tea to keep me warm, and I needed warm slippers to keep my toes warm. I LOVE my beautiful blue tea pot, and I have worn my wool sheep slippers nearly everyday since we moved here. But sadly look what I found in my slipper the other day... MY TOE not inside but peeking out!!! What am I to do!?!?! I wish the art of darning was a skill I had, maybe I could fix it. But I am afraid they won't make it until next winter!!
I know you all are laughing or rolling your eyes, but darn it my toes can not survive without my slippers!!!! :)
Sorry we have no cute kid pictures, we have all had a bit of a cold, so we are not much fun and the chores have not been getting done so my house is a disaster area. No pictures!!! :) But we are feeling a bit better, although the kids still have a horrible barking cough. Just in time for Dan to head out, of course! :)
But stay tuned there is an up coming contest, well at least awards, or maybe I should say accolades. :) Are you curious??

3 comments:

  1. Oh NO!!!! Your slippers!!! :( And your TOES!!!!!! Are they something I can fix???? Are you talking about Saturday's contest? Will Dan be there for it????

    LOVE you
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny that you mentioned darning, because it crossed my mind while watching a TV show the other day that darning is very much a lost art. It would certainly be useful in certain situations. Maybe it's time for both of us to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would teach us? Is there a book of darning?? He He that sounds funny! :)

    ReplyDelete