Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So What Did You Do Yesterday?

We got crazy! Aunt Donna, Uncle Jody, and the kids all came back to our house Sunday night, then we all got up early and went to New York City! I downloaded my pictures this morning, all 89 of them! So here are a few, and I will post more later today or tomorrow!Ok from the back left, there is Aubrey, Donna, Trevor, Alicia, then in front, Riley, Sam, & Jarom (that is the tip of Jake's head, Dan took this photo while I was nursing Fern)! This is the ferry to Liberty Island, Dan managed to not get sea sick!! Yea!!
Riley really enjoyed his cousin Aubrey, he held her hand all day. With as many little boys as we had we had to institute holding hands with someone older OFTEN! After Fern's meal on the ferry she enjoyed watching anything the other kids also found interesting!
And Fern and Mama, oh yea and I had Donna chop all my hair off Sunday night! :) But after being on a boat, in the rain, and walking quite a few stairs don't look for great pictures of my new do! :)
Here is our family in front of the original torch, with the electric light. This is before we got to the 156 stairs!This is a replica of one of Lady Liberty's feet! Here are all the "little" kids! From the left, Jake (3), Sam (7 I think!), Fern (22 1/2 mo.), Riley (6), & Jarom (6).Here is after we made it up the stifling hot, and tiring stairs! When we got out there it was pouring rain! But the cool air felt so good after the stuffy stairs! That is downtown behind us!Here was our view from up there of Lady Liberty!
More to come!!

2 comments:

  1. I like your hair, it's really cute! I can't believe you are wearing long sleeves. It has cooled down here but not that much. I'm proud of you for nursing Fern on the ferry, she's at a controversial age for that.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, but lucky for us she is so small no one thinks she is not a baby! :) Makes it easier! Unless she is doing her usual acrobatics, then it is hard to keep covered! It was a little humid, with the rain and all, and inside the statue it was a bit toasty for long sleeves, but other wise not bad. Plus I have deicided I am not a fan of cap sleeves, and that is mostly what I have so I wear something over and I am more comfertable! :) I promise I will get back to your email, I am a slacker! Love ya Cherish!

    ReplyDelete