Our big backyard on a warm evening right before bath time! I went outside last night after dinner to bring in the laundry and the kids decided to join me. It was dusky and our backyard was enchanting looking, we have alot of leaves now so it is always a little darker in the far reaches of our yard. It was a peaceful fun moment in our day.
Jake and Riley think it is hysterical that we have "fern" growing in our yard. I know this picture is a bit blurry, but I really loved Fern and Jake's expressions!
Fern has learned well from the boys! Here she is flying the space shuttle, making the appropriate noises along with it. She also makes a different noise when driving hot wheels cars! We are reading The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary as a family and this reminded me about how Ralf the mouse has to make the "pb-p-p-p" sound to make the toy motorcycle magically go!
Here is what they did almost the entire time we were out, RUN!!! Needless to say they quickly fell asleep after their baths! But Jake has been sure that Dan would be getting home each night the last 3 nights, so I had Jake in my bed in the middle of the night scouting out to see if Dan was back! He was quite disappointed to find just mom!
Well it is quite warm today and VERY humid, last time I checked it was 85%! They say there may be thundershowers tonight and tomorrow, so how many little people will be in my bed? I REALLY need a bigger bed!!!
Your back yard just blows me away. I'm so glad you have kids that enjoy it. We seldom even step foot in our back yard.
ReplyDelete