So I think maybe (I don't want to jinks it) I have finally come out of my knitting blahs! And the reading has been a little out of hand even for me! So I thought I'd join Ginny in celebration of getting over the knitting slump! Wahoo!
Reading: Well I finished The Mists of Avalon for book club and I really enjoyed it. Then since of course there was just nothing on my shelves to read...and since all the Outlander talk...I bought the kindle version (it was only $4.99). I read that in 4 days...yea its 870 pages long... After two 800 page books I thought I'd pickup something a little less committal so I borrowed A Lady Cyclists Guide to Kashgar, but I just could not get into it. So I splurged on the second in the Outlander series Dragonfly in Amber. It is of course really good so far but I'm taking it slower than the last (plus we started school this week so there is less reading time anyway). And the library just let me know that Delancey is available after being on the hold list for a few months so maybe I'd be starting that too! BOOKS!
Knitting: I finished a quick garter stitch scarf for the Sheep to Scarf knitting class I start teaching next week at our homeschool co-op, I might sew the ends together to make a cowl because I'll get more use out of it and then the kids can see another way to finish it. My co-teacher is finishing her's with multi-colored pom-poms. We found this yarn at Hobby-Lobby it is a wool blend and nice and squishy with a few colors available for the kids to choose from.
And to go along with the Outlander fun I am knitting a caplet style shrug in a beautiful Scottish sky blue (at least in my imagination)! Even with a little "pocket Jamie", ha ha! The pattern is Joanna Johnson's Blackcap and the yarn is Knit Pick's Wool of the Andes Bulky in Cadet.
Why is it that knitters are so often bibliophile?

No comments:
Post a Comment