Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Yarn-a-Long

Joining Ginny today for the yarn-a-long!


Well homeschool co-op is over and so Wednesdays are a little less crazy so lets see if I can get this written and linked up today! Wahoo!
BOOKS:
I just finished Someone for book club this week, I am reading The 7-day Christian and listening to Minstrel on Audible.
KNITTING:
I finished my Spindleberry in San Diego visiting my Daddy and blocked it last week! And I started a Cosette Wrap on the flight back home. I am calling it my Technicolor Dream Shawl as I am using my Valentine's Day yarn from my honey! Dan asked, "Your making ANOTHER shawl? I never knew you were such a shawl person!", but really its just that I have gotten some yarn "for me" recently and its not enough for a sweater and I just don't know what else I'd use! In between I knit a sweet baby hat in white for a dear friend who needed comfort and prayers for her babe in utero. Sadly he was just not strong enough.  





Happy Wednesday! And thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

  1. I adore your yarn choices they are both gorgeous. the shawl pattern is so pretty. I haven't heard of any of your reads but as a book lover I will be checking them out. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali, The yarn along is great for finding new books! I often add books from the yarn along to my goodreads list!
      Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I love the colour and the pattern of the green wrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been SO excited about the combo the whole time I've been working on it! ;)

      Delete
  3. Your green shawl is beautiful!!! One can never have too many shawls...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to quote you to my hubby! ;) He He!!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous green for your shawl! I have had the same yarn conundrum and like you usually end up looking at shawl patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, we are going to have to figure out another kind of project for us!

      Delete
  5. Your shawls are beautiful. I, too, love that green.

    I'm sorry about your friend's baby. We lost a baby at 12 weeks about two and a half years ago, and just last year I had to be in the hospital for a month keeping our preemie daughter in a little longer. I will pray for your friend and her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that green shawl. Just perfect for cool evenings.

    ReplyDelete