No big surprise here, another adventure by car...but wait...can it be? YES! Dan went on our adventure!!!!!
Back down 395 we went, destination: sun, sand, and Grandpa!
But first the adventure!
I've blogged about Mono Lake before, it is one of my favorite, most beautiful places. One of those places that makes you catch your breath and forget about any troubles or thoughts for the shear beauty. This was the first time Dan had been there, we were all so excited to share it with him!
I have become quite expert on balancing on rocks and using the self timer on my camera for family pictures all over the place, what fun pictures we get!
If you count from the left the taller tufas to the fourth where it seems a bit wider on top than the others, then you are looking at an ospry nest that had a mama and eggs! Please forgive me that I forgot my zoom lense in the car!
After a crazy night sleep with three to a bed we stoped at another favorite spot that Dan had not seen ether, Manzanar the Japanese Internment Camp near Bishop Calif. Fern and Leili earned their Jr. Ranger badges!
This is the obolesk that was erected to commemorate all those who lived here and for those who died. Amazingly facinating history. The paper origami cranes are for peace and healing, arn't they beautiful!
Most likely my favorite family photo of the trip! This is Fossil Falls, you should have seen the comedy of this photo! I had the camera balenced on top of the van, after I pushed the button I had to jump down, run 50 feet and climb up the rock! All in 20 seconds!! It took more than one take!
With Dan with us we ventured further than before since we had muscles with us to help if I could not get everyone out, Jake was a happy camper!
When I look at this picture all I can think is, "Oh, the adventures he will see!"
More to come from our family vacation!
(singing) There were three in the bed and the little one said, "roll over, roll over!"
ReplyDeleteAmazing pictures! Thanks for sharing!
That 395 run is fabulous! Thanks for the memories and glad you all are doing well!
ReplyDeleteMJM :)