Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our Table

Sometimes when it is just mama and babes the table does not get cleaned up before bed (more so when the littlest is still awake at 10pm).
I love a clean table in the morning, a blank slate. But sometimes the peek into the day before is fun too!
This morning there is the canning I did yesterday, which gives a feeling of accomplishment and warmth as I think about my own way of providing for my family. Crayons, there is always some sort of art going on here even in the in between of a busy day. So many cups! So many napkins! Maybe we will have to paint those napkin rings I've been meaning to get to. My grandmas African violet planters made just for her. The pewter candle holders, one of my treasures from Connecticut, with beeswax candles rolled for me by Riley. And Tom Sawyer. Lots of Tom sawyer listening around here lately. As I come in and out and hear bits and pieces I smile and am glad for how familiar my kids are with Tom and Huck and Becky!
I'm glad to smile at this mess I did not get to instead of grumbling about it. Just a little bit of slowing down and enjoying what we have.
Happy Thursday!!

1 comment: