Thursday, March 24, 2011

Snow Day










When the snow started falling this morning on the dry ground we said, "I did not know it was going to snow today". In this wild adventure we've begun it sometimes snows when the sun is shining so we just did not think much about it. But it did not stop, there was enough to play in, there was enough to look pretty, and it kept snowing.
I looked at the evidences of spring as I washed dishes, it was warm the other day, we did celebrate the first day of spring. But I am not complaining. I had missed the forced slowing of our pace by winters blanket. I think this was a blessing from Heaven, they knew I needed a little isolation.
Nests were made and enjoyed, legos were plentiful, heater vents were sought out as the squeals ran through the house, "the heaters on"! It was loud, it was quiet, it was still snowing. Maybe we should have bought a snow shovel, but if we had it would not have snowed.
"A swirling, whirling snowstorm" at that.
Soup and hot chocolate were required, Leili jubilantly exclaimed, "LELLOW" when I pulled down the small cup once just the right size for Fern. Another new word, they are coming too fast to catch them all these days.
And then at the end, quiet and the earthly glow of a world covered in snow, and a quite little arm around my neck as I walk down the hall.
Good night.

3 comments:

  1. I totally spaced that you were in Reno for a second, and I thought where in the world was she that they had snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a Danna stalker for a few years now, but this is my all time favorite post ever! I love every single pic and I love what you wrote:) I love snow too, I love that isolation:) Love, Lisa p.s. the couch pic really makes me miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete