Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Happenings Around Here!

Famous - Me!! Who would have guessed right!? Here I am under my photograph that is hanging in an exhibit at the local library! :)
~

We went over to the Elfin Forest reserve again, this time it was beautiful with all the wild flowers blooming!! This is a California Lilac tree/bush! I LOVE them!

This time we hiked up to the reservoir, it was a bit of a hike for little legs!! But we had a nice picnic up at the top.

Here we are at the top! Burrr! It was windy and chilly, but beautiful!


Happy Leili!!

Silly baby!!

Leili even got to take a ride on Dad for the trip back down!!
~


Yep it is RACE time again!!!
Riley's is the yellow one!

3rd place is good!!

Riley and his fans!
~

FAMILY ADVENTURE DAY!!!
I have always wanted to see the wildflowers bloom, so since Dan is on his "extended vacation" we thought we would throw all caution to the wind and drive out! It was not a bad drive, 2 hours out to the Anza Borrego Desert. They have a great visitors center and plenty of trails. It is so popular to go see the wildflowers that they even have a 24 hour wildflower hot line!!!

Our first walk was in Coyote Canyon, the ground was just covered in wild flowers. I'll post up close photos of the wild flowers on our nature blog.

Thank goodness for the tripod mom got me a couple years ago!!

We did a little off roading (yea in the van), Leili even got a turn driving!!
Next to hiking I think the only thing we did more of was nursed! Here we are in Palm Canyon!

Super hikers we a little pooped by now and so we did not hike all the way in to the palm grove, oh well. What we did see was beautiful!!

It was quite toasty, the warmest day they had had recently! But what do you expect in the desert!! :) Right before we took this family picture we saw a mama California Quail, the state bird! (Pictures will end up over on our nature blog!)

In the nature center we saw this cast of an actual fossil they found in the park! Hmmm, one really funny picture is missing, maybe it is on Dan's camera...
~

Back home... Leili hit the 9 month mark!!! Crazy! Here she is in my old overalls!! (Or "Key bibs" as they would call them on Virginia)! Oh and she took her first steps on Sunday!!!
Last week after picking Dan up at the airport we stoped to check out the newly remodeled Mormon Battalion Center in Old Town San Diego! It was great, really really great. And they have some really fun hands on activities, panning for gold, pumping water, a tower with binoculars... LOTS of fun!! This is the picture they took of our family (Leili is that bump in the sling, nursing) they printed us out a copy and they even email it to you!! So cool! So if you come to visit us we will probably take you there... ITS FREE!!!

5 comments:

  1. Fern and her thumb, hehe, they're such good friends. You have such adventures! I'm a homebody so I'll just live vicariously.

    How exciting that Leili is walking already. Time flies. Maybe we'll have a few minutes to see you in May on our whirlwind CA trip. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Congratulations to both you and Riley on your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe that those old overalls of yours are still around! I LOVED you in those! I am so excited to see your picture! I am so proud of you!
    Love
    Mom
    p.s. Grandma is REALLY proud of Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love family outings.....they are so fun. Hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Riley on his Pine Wood Derby award. Love the wildflowers. Where did you take the picture that is hanging in the library and how are you able to display it? So cool! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete