Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our "Busyness"!

Please forgive me for not telling, but it was a surprise and I did not want it uncovered!! :) Daddy was to retire on last Friday, and we just felt like we should be there to support him, so... We got crazy and flew to Calif. on Wednesday night, and then just walked right into Daddy's class room on Thursday! He was quite surprised and did not have the slightest clue we were in the state!! Here he is getting the first hugs from the boys!
And here we all are in his class room. We all had a great time, and I have alot of pictures to share, so stay tuned!
But then unfortunately we got a dreaded call late Saturday night from our local police department telling us our house had been broken into. :( It was not good. We flew in late last night, and stayed in a hotel last night near our home. We dropped the kids off at a friends (who thankfully boarded up our house) and then Dan and I came up to survey the damage. There is a long bad story but I do not wish to retell. But the good is it is not as bad as our imaginations had carried us away to. One of our front windows is broken our back slider is broken, a couple chairs, our stereo, picture frames, little stuff. The bad is my poor little Honda, the guy took a skate board to it. So we are neck deep in all that fun, so keep us in our prayers that we do not end up in jail for killing any insurance people! :) We are so very thankful for our neighbor who found the guy and called the police, and for another neighbor who has been very helpful. We have been blessed even in this trial.
Good Night!!

2 comments:

  1. Danna, what a fun surprise! That is so horrible about your house though. I would be horrified to find out that my house was broken into while out of town. That's crazy that they came in through a front window, though. I'm sorry about your poor car. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well no one is quite sure how he came in, so we just get to imagine. Yea.

    ReplyDelete